[SGP521] - Creating a prerooted MM ROM for SGP521 Z2 Tablet

Upon a friendly advice of a user I created this thread here.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a DE customized MM prerooted ROM for the SGP521 and I have no idea where I made a mistake.

Unfortunately all of my tries ended up in some kind of a bootloop - but not in a bootloop like: Sony-Logo -> Reboot -> Sony Logo->... but more in: System starting without any problem -> basic setup starting -> klicking the "accept terms"-flag -> Reboot... -> Startup -> Reboot...

Can somebody tell me how to get it working? I do not know where I made a mistake:

- I dl'ed the mos acutal DE ROM (23.5.A.0.575) via flashtool/xperifirm
- then I deleted the fwinfo.xml from the extracted FW files folder
- then I created the ftf via flashtool
- then I used PRFcreator to create a .zip (ftf in FW field, dummy_flashable.zip in SuperSU-field, recrootv4_combined.zip in recovery field, all upper flags selected (kernel etc. included), sign zip and legacy mode unchecked)
- rebooted to recovery (I have an existing NUTs Dual Recovery)
- made a system, cache, dalvik cache wipe
- flashed the new zip via twrp

The reason I'm asking here is that it seems to me a device- and firmware-specific, but not a tool (flashtool, xperifirm, PRFCreator)-related problem. And there are already some existing and working ROMs, but not in the customization I want (DE). Maybe the creator of these ROMs (Bird40) reads that and can tell me what he/she did to get things working?

I'm willing to provide you here with a DE customized FW but it has to work first before I do so...

If you think I'm wrong here, please tell me and suggest where to put my quetion best that I can move it then.

Thanks and cheers

Zap


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/259DfKK
via IFTTT