Edit files on SD Card

I originally posted this for the S7 Edge, but have since changed phones (and providers) and I'm still experiencing this issue. Hopefully someone out there knows an answer...

I've searched for this and haven't been able to find the answer. It's driving me crazy.

Using Gone Mad Media Player (GMMP), I have in the past been able to edit the id3 tags on a certain album (that for whatever reason will not edit on my PC, the files all show edited properly) to change the Album Art tag from whatever it is to "Various".

I was able to do this on my Nexus (not rooted) just fine.

I loaded my music on the SD card and away I went. I went to perform the same edit and was asked to grant write permissions to GMMP. Weird (first time I've had to do that in the 5.1.1 > 6.0 > 6.0.1 of my Nexus), but ok. I granted the permissions.

The App still won't perform the requested changes. It goes through the motions but the files remain unchanged.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I tried other id3 editors but nothing has worked.

I should note that when I originally copy this "Album" (95 songs in a compilation mix), it shows up as 4 separate albums. 1 with 88 songs, 1 with 1, and 2 with 3 each. When I edit the tag as I have in the past to change the Album Artist to Various, the 7 songs that aren't part of the original 88 all go into one album, so now I have 2 mix albums. One with 88 songs, one with 7. But if I go into that 7 song album and edit an id3 tag on an individual file, nothing will change (and the id3 stays as the original, rather than Various).

mp3tag on my computer shows all 95 songs as having the same Album Artist.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1W8FaNX
via IFTTT