saga of my note 2

My 4 year old note 2 was rooted and unlocked by Adam Outlers Casual. Worked great forever. I uninstalled a program called "Autostarts", which I used to shut off programs after bootup, and the phone went into a boot loop. I could still get to the download mode so no biggie, First I downloaded RT66 via oden, which did not work, I found a vramc3 restore to stock that did not relock the bootloader, Thanks to Imnuts, That worked and Im back to 4.1.2 Vramc3. I tried using casual to unlock and root my note 2 but it failed at the bootloader section.. The log shows:
Uploading bootloader 100%
Error: Failure to confirm end of sequence transfer segment
Bootloader upload failed
Then casual disconnects.

I tried all the usual stuff, shut off the anti virus programs, changed the usb cable, reloaded the drivers. Still no joy...

I also tried to install twrp via oden and that failed also? Same thing trying to unlock the bootloader, which should be unlocked anyway.....The restore vramc3 file said it did not lock the bootloader and it was unlocked before this whole mess happened.

Anyone have an Idea on how I should proceed? I'm paranoid that I will get an OTA that will lock the bootloader forever. Would like to root before that happens... Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1swKSfI
via IFTTT