[OPO] [COS13] Can't boot into recovery

I've been trying to root my phone for the past 24 hours and I can't seem to get anywhere. I've been frustrated to no end my the awful battery life in COS13. So I'm trying to root the phone so that I can perform a Titanium backup before factory resetting the phone (or maybe installing a ROM with better battery life).

I've followed this guide to the T. I've got the latest version of ADB/Fastboot. I (try to) reboot into recovery by holding down 'volume down' first, then power, and letting go of power (but still holding down 'vol down') when I see the 1+ logo.

Everything seems to go fine when I unlock the bootloader. I was concerned how, at the end of the bootloader unlocking step, the guide says that all data will be lost. First of all, that warning should probably be placed at the beginning. Second, my data fortunately did not wipe. But everything else succeeded.

After flashing TWRP, which again seems OK, and trying to boot into recovery, the phone simply gets to the 1+ screen, reboots itself, and then goes to the lockscreen.

I'm at a loss, but I really need to solve this; the phone is useless. 10 minutes off the charger and I'm at 75% battery (from full charge). If I wanted to be tethered to a wall all day, I'd carry around a landline or a can and string.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1swKMF8
via IFTTT